Loading Please wait...
Department: Corporate Engineering
Reports to: Product Line Manager for Ice Fishing
We are an American company based in the heart of the Midwest, where the seasons shape the products we build. We live the outdoor rural lifestyle and we use our products. We design our products to be the best, and we also feature world class customer service. We have been making innovative outdoor products since 1960.
Ardisam, Inc. is searching for an electrical engineer with the passion and motivation to contribute to innovative, industry-leading products. The electrical engineer will collaborate with a variety of colleagues from engineering, product development and manufacturing, and work across several of the Ardisam brands including ION, Eskimo, Earthquake, Yardbird, and Castle. In addition to being a team player, our ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver who finds pragmatic solutions to highly technical challenges.
The candidate will be exposed to a broad range of components and manufacturing processes including injection molded plastic, sheet metal, machining, rubber molding, IC engines, power transmission, AC/DC motors, circuit boards, and sensors.
· Design and develop functional electrical systems for existing and future product development
· Understand product electrical requirements and develop solutions to problems
· Create theories of operation for electrical systems
· Create electrical standards for electrical drawings and testing procedures Evaluate and create electrical schematics and PCB layouts and make changes where necessary
· Evaluate Li-Ion battery management systems and cell capabilities
· Review or create 2D part drawings, 3D CAD models, and bill of materials for electrical systems including, but not limited to, sensors, motors, and circuit boards
· Act as knowledge resource (SME) for design, quality, and testing of electrical components and systems
· Effectively communicate project status updates to management
· Effectively communicate with foreign suppliers
· Help to develop and document quality expectations with related team members
· Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry standards and regulations
· Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
Qualifications and Skills:
· Proficient in the use of Solidworks or other computer-aided design software applications
· Thorough understanding of electrical systems, circuit design, and micro-controllers, and an interest in controls, electronics, and/or embedded design would be favorable
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload from multiple projects
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and circuit board simulation and design software
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Capacity to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions
· A knowledge of standard quality assurance practices is preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar field.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Personal Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan with Company Match, Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent), Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions.
Compensation: This is a salaried position
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Work Days: Monday – Friday
Hours / Day: 8
Work Shift: First Shift
Travel: 20% travel is required.
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.