Department: Lawn & Garden
Reports to: Vice President of Lawn & Garden
We are an American company based in the heart of the Midwest, where the seasons shape the products we build. We live the outdoor rural lifestyle and we use our products. We design our products to be the best, and we also feature world class customer service. We have been making innovative outdoor products since 1960.
Ardisam, Inc. is a design, marketing, and importing company located in the heart of Northwest Wisconsin where the big woods meets farm country. We produce a variety of products under numerous brand names that make our hobbies and recreational activities more enjoyable. This position’s work includes but is not limited to outdoor products in the garden tilling, wood processing, poultry processing and property maintenance categories.
Ardisam Inc. is seeking an experienced New Product Development (NPD) Engineer to lead the design and development of its Lawn and Garden Products. This position has a focus on Lawn and Garden category, but at times crosses over with our other divisions. This role is responsible for all phases of product development from initial conception through to final production. NPD Engineers work with CAD designers, prototyping technicians, product line managers, quality staff, sales staff, and Asian vendors to ensure that their designs are efficient to manufacture, successful in the marketplace, and reliable in the field. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of consumer product design experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. The ability to analyze and solve problems effectively, as well as making good decisions, are imperative to the success of this position. This position reports to the VP of Lawn and Garden.
· Manage New Product Development projects per agreed upon timelines
· Create 3D models and 2D drawings using Solid Works software
· Effectively communicate project status updates to management
· Assist in developing and building supply chains, mainly in Asia, for product sourcing
· Travel to Asian suppliers 2-3 times per year to develop new products, build relationships, support production, and meet shipping schedules
· Effectively communicate both verbally and written with Asian suppliers
· Construct prototypes and confirm designs with related team members
· Oversee or perform various performance and life cycle tests and data documentation including detailed test reports
· Directly manage CAD designer(s)
· Help to develop and document quality expectations with related team members
· Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry standards
· Lead the development of engineering standards
· · Multi-task and prioritize workload from multiple projects
Qualifications and Skills:
· 5+ years of consumer product design experience is preferred
· 3D modeling experience
· 3D printing
· Extensive knowledge in part design and fabrication (machining, welding, injection molding, etc.)
· Knowledge or certification in Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma or other quality management systems is preferred
Education:: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar. Those with a 2-year technical degree and 8+ years of consumer design experience will also be considered.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience and education
Benefits: Health Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Personal Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401K including Company match, Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent), Vision/Dental insurance, HSA with company contribution and more!
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Work Days: Monday – Friday
Hours / Day: 8
Work Shift: First Shift
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.
To Apply: Please apply using following link - https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2025367